September 29, 2009

Do you know what season it is?

If you said Fall or Autumn, you're wrong! It's hunting season. No, that's not excitement coming from me. Notice I didn't put an exclamation mark after the words "hunting season". I don't like all the Saturdays and nights after work when Justin is gone but I do love the venison that he brings in.

So to my good friend Heather and all other hunter's widows, this poem is for you....


THE HUNTER

one gun is not enough
to feel supreme and tough

doe's won't do at all
for hanging upon his wall

early to bed, early to rise
makes the big buck a worthy prize

bringing home meat
his chest he beats

me hunter, you wife
you cook venison all your life




8 comments:

Heather S said...

That poem is the story of my life. :)

Melissa said...

You're absolutely right, it's hunting season! (yeah, I did put an exclamation point there...) I don't like all the time alone while he's gone hunting either, but I know he loves it and it's the highlight of his year, so I deal. And hope for all I'm worth that we'll get venison in our freezer!

Anonymous said...

lol! funny...im tryin to get my hunter saftey done so i can go deer hunting ;) you can't tell me it would be fun! sittin up in the stand waiting waiting till finally you get to shoot that doe or buck and watch it go down!! if i get my class done intime, aaron said he would take me deer hunting this fall!!! woooo!!

thisbpat said...

That poem sounds like Justin alright!

Gary said...

Hmmm... where have I seen that poem before? :)

Brenda said...

Bow season starts tomorrow for us, and the kids are pumped!! This is Kara's first year at college, so she's really feeling it, not being home to hunt every afternoon. Ray has tree stands up all over. I like to go with Kara and just watch.

Brenda said...

Bow season starts tomorrow for us, and the kids are pumped!! This is Kara's first year at college, so she's really feeling it, not being home to hunt every afternoon. Ray has tree stands up all over. I like to go with Kara and just watch.

Tammie said...

You have to look at the positives. If he is hunting, you don't have to:
#1 cook him supper
#2 take care of him
#3 have him around if he is cranky at the kids
Tam